The Work Readiness and Employment Engagement (WREE) Department implements up-to-date best practices from across the nation. WREE provides a well-rounded vocational program that encourages community inclusion through local training sites and employment opportunities in Essex, Morris, Hudson, Somerset, and Union Counties. Some of WREE’s focal points include:
- An emphasis on job-related skill development training, both onsite at JESPY and offsite, after a comprehensive work readiness assessment
- Development of an individual performance plan for every client providing attainable goals reflective of their levels of ability and interests
- Expansion of partnerships with community businesses, synagogues, churches and other nonprofit organizations that will:
- provide a variety of work experiences in which clients can learn and develop skills
- create more opportunities for our clients to engage in volunteer work or internships as well as part-time and full-time employment; and provide Day Program clients who are searching for more competitive employment with additional opportunities for growth
- Employment support that provides a consistent transition into the workforce, with WREE coordinators spending a majority of their time in the field monitoring each client’s performance and consulting with her/his employer
- Development of group opportunities in which clients can broaden their knowledge of different work venues and jobs that may be available to them, including in-person and virtual work fairs, civic organization happenings, nonprofit association events, etc.
The Work Readiness and Employment Engagement Team provides a well-rounded support program for JESPY clients and encourages community inclusion through local volunteer and employment opportunities.
starting a new job